The key changes to the masterplan, following the consultation feedback, included:
- Reducing the scale of the additional commercial space by 50,000 sq ft
- Removing the biomass proposal
- Changing the colour of the buildings to autumnal colours
- Delivering 34 acres of new woodland and planting to provide a screening buffer around the site, on top of a landscaped bund. The width of the landscaping would be extensive – between 20-80 metres wide and now includes evergreen species as well as an array of native species, including the rare Black Poplar which is indigenous to the area
- Ensuring there is no access to or from Buckland Road
- Changing the transport strategy to avoid routing any Arla vehicles on the A413 or town centre roads
- Ensuring more vehicles use the A41 Bypass to London, which has a two way daily capacity of approximately 75,000 vehicles and currently has a two-way flow of around 23,000 vehicles.