- 1 Jar of tomato based bolognese Sauce
- 1 Packet of lean Beef Mince
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 100 g Lactofree Spreadable
- 1 Litre Lactofree Dairy Drink (Whole or semi-skimmed)
- 1 Packet of lasagne pasta sheets .
- 150 g Lactofree Cheddar
- 50 g Chopped Onions .
- 50 g Chopped Mushrooms .
1. Place the mincemeat into a large pan or wok and stir until the meat is almost entirely brown. Next add the mushrooms and onions and continue to stir until the meat is completely brown and the mushrooms and onions have softened.
2. Add the bolognese sauce to the pan and let the mixture simmer on a low heat.
3. Melt the Lactofree® spreadable in a separate pan on a low heat. Gradually add the plain flour whilst stirring constantly; add the dairy drink whenever the moisture begins to dry up and continue until the flour is completely stirred in.
4. Add a small handful of grated cheese to the creamy sauce for flavour then let it simmer for 3 minutes before turning the heat up and stirring until the texture of the sauce is similar to that of custard.
5. Place a layer of the meat bolognese about 2 finger widths deep into your large oven-proof dish, layer the lasagne sheets on top and then a layer of the creamy, white sauce. Repeat this pattern as many times as necessary but ensure that the top layer of the lasagne is the creamy, white sauce.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the lasagne then cook for about 23 minutes at 220 degrees until the cheese is a light brown colour.