We have unveiled our most ambitious business strategy to date to make Arla a household brand by 2020 and grow its revenue by nearly a third.
The ambition is part of the company’s global strategy for growth and will position us as the champion of British dairy.
Our strategy includes much greater investment in the Arla and Lurpak brands with the aim of creating them into top ten FMCG brands by 2020. We also plan to grow Castello to become the best known premium cheddar and speciality cheese brand.
Since the introduction of the Arla brand in 2015, we have launched a wide range of innovative and healthier dairy products including Arla Best of Both skimmed milk. Arla skyr and Arla Protein into categories including drinks, yogurts and cottage cheese.
We will build on these early successes with a programme of activity to further raise awareness of our farmer-owned status to drive differentiation and become known for dairy health in both our branded and own label portfolios.
We have made a number of further commitments as part of our 2020 strategy:
- At least 10 per cent of net revenue will come from new product development across our branded portfolio;
- Invest a minimum of 25 per cent of marketing spend in digital;
- Increase the availability of dairy products for breakfast, snacking on the go, convenience and hospitality with an overall ambition to increase dairy consumption;
- Extend our pipeline of healthier dairy products with at least 30 new dairy concepts and 50 new range extensions;
- Invest over £100 million in promoting a series of new healthier dairy products and campaigns to encourage more nutritious eating habits and challenge some of the current myths about dairy.
The UK Strategy 2020 is spearheaded by Tomas Pietrangeli, Arla Foods UK, Managing Director
Tomas Pietrangeli, Arla Foods UK, Managing Director, said: “We want Arla to be the name that people know, love and trust for dairy. We have developed a strategy that delivers clear consumer benefits by re-engaging them in the most innovative, unexpected, responsible and efficient way.
“Our overall objective will be to add value to our milk and in turn allow us to return the best possible price to our farmer owners.”