Quark Broccoli Quiche
- 300g short crust pastry block
- 300g broccoli
- 3 medium eggs
- 250g Arla Garlic & Herb Quark
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100g mature cheddar cheese
- Roll out the pastry large enough to line a quiche or flan tin approx 22cm in diameter. Ensure there is enough pastry to line and sit up the sides of the tin.
- Blind bake the pastry using baking paper and baking beans in the middle of a pre-heated oven (approx 200°C) for 15/20 minutes or until the pastry starts to turn golden brown. After 15 minutes - remove the baking beans and paper and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Cut small broccoli florets from the stem. Cut the stalks into thin slices. Put the broccoli in boiling salted water and boil covered for about 1 min, then drain using a sieve.
- Beat the eggs together lightly and add quark and salt. Line the broccoli on the pre-baked pastry, pour the egg mixture over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Place the quiche in the middle of a pre-heated oven.
- Bake for approx 25 min at 200°C or until golden brown on top. The quiche mixture may bubble up but will settle down following removal from the oven.