Creamy and light – celebrate summer with our naturally fat-free cooking cheese.
What is Arla Quark?
Naturally fat free Arla Quark is a soft and creamy cooking cheese. Simply use as an alternative to crème fraiche and ricotta in pasta sauce, fishcakes and quiche for a delicious healthy meal. So whether you’re starting a healthy eating regime or preparing for operation beach body, try Arla Quark as part of a varied and balanced diet!
Available in Plain, Tomato and Basil & Garlic and Herb flavours.
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 2 red onions (chopped)
- 25g butter
- Approx 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- 250g Arla Quark Cherry Tomato & Basil
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 400g dried pasta
- Fry the garlic and onion in the butter in a saucepan. Add the stock and tomatoes and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Stir the quark with the flour and add it to the sauce. Simmer gently for approx 10/15 mins.
- Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper. While the sauce is simmering cook the pasta according to on pack instructions.
- Serve the tomato sauce on freshly cooked pasta.
Tip: the sauce can be served with grated cheese.